Barbara Kopp-Gebauer, Franziska Recknagel, Kontextlehre WTG, TUM School of Social Sciences and Technology, Dr. Wilfried Mende, Freelance Trainer for Design Thinking and Communication
Kontextlehre WTG (TUM School of Social Sciences and Technology) in cooperation with the Student Representation of the TU Munich
TUM students who are involved in projects of the AStA or the student bodies
Semester hours per week: 1; ECTS: 3;
Project report (learning portfolio); Language: German/English; Participants: max. 12
How do I manage project? How do I motivate my team members? What role do communication and leadership play in a team? Practice provides the answers: plan and implement a student project, supported by experienced mentors and professional trainers.
The module consists of five mandatory dates. It starts with a two-hour kickoff. This is followed by three introductory workshops with professional trainers: Design Thinking, Project Management and Team Communication in practice. As far as possible, work is based on concrete student project ideas that are already available.
Based on this, the module participants plan an independent project and carry it out during the semester. Mentors will assist them in this process. After completion of the project, the project report in the form of a learning portfolio is to be submitted to Kontextlehre WTG. In addition, the project will be presented to the end.
- Finding initial project ideas and developing them innovatively
- Basic principles of communication in a team and of leading and motivating a team
- Basics of project organization (planning, implementation and critical evaluation)
The specific content depends on the chosen project, such as planning a seminar weekend, leading a working group or organizing an event, e.g. the "Long Night of the University".
After participation in the module
- know the basic principles of organizing projects and are able to realize them by effectively organizing and implementing projects with the support of a mentor
- are able to critically reflect and evaluate project management processes
- students know the basic principles of leading and motivating teams and are able to realize them
- are able to work on projects, products and problems with the help of Design Thinking
The marked examination module partial achievements consists of the formulation of a written project report (learning portfolio) of approximately five DIN A 4 pages. In order to ensure and verify all the intended learning results, there are six independent study module achievements. The study module partial achievements consist of attending a kickoff event, the three workshops Design Thinking, Team Communication and Project Management, a project outline and the final presentation. The project implementation and completion must be after the attendance of the two workshops.
Allhoff, D.-W. & Allhoff, W. (2010). Rhetorik & Kommunikation. Ein Lehr- und Übungsbuch. München: Reinhardt.
Schulz von Thun, F. (2011). Miteinander reden 1-3. Störungen und Klärungen. Stile, Werte und Persönlichkeitsentwicklung. Das "Innere Team" und situationsgerechte Kommunikation. Reinbek: rororo.
Olfert, K. (2008). Kompakt-Training Projektmanagement. o.O.: Kiehl.