Due to the reopening of the TUM. We are once again able to loan laptops. As all subjects are being held digital, you will no longer need the signature of a chair. Instead just leave that part blank and send us the signed document to email@example.com
Laptop Loaning Service
In partnership with the University Administration and the Informatics 10 Chair (Chair of Computer Architecture and Parallel Systems), the AStA can loan 25 Laptops to TUM students. The laptops are to be explicitly used for university work and not as a temporary replacement for defect personal devices.
- Who: Students, who require a laptop for study-related reasons. Valid examples include the writing of seminar papers, Bachelor/Master theses or works of similar importance.
- Requirements: You are not in possession of a (functional) laptop and the supervising chair is not able to provide such. Your supervisor‘s confirmation shall suffice as proof.
- Loan Duration: For a final paper (or a work of similar nature), one shall be loaned the device for 6 months. For all other works (e.g. Seminar Papers), a laptop can be loaned for 3 months. Additionally, one can renew their loan, if required, once by an additional 3 months.
- Deposit: 200 Euros
- Contact: You can write an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (gladly in English)
Assuming you fulfill all of the requirements, just follow the following steps:
- Application: In combination with your supervising chair, please fill out the following PDF Document and send us a scanned copy via email to email@example.com.
- Assuming your application fulfills our requirements, we shall accept your request and forward your information to the relevant persons in the Informatics faculty (I 10 Chair).
- Deposit: You shall receive an Email from Mr. Obermeier, with whom you will meet to obtain the laptop. Please bring 200 Euros in cash with you as a deposit, as well as your Personal ID Card and Student ID Card. So that one must only travel to Garching once, please set the meeting on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 9 and 10 o'clock, as the Paying Office (Zahlstelle) is only open on these days until 11 o'clock.
The procedure shall likely look as follows:
- One obtains a payment order from Mr. Obermeier
- One goes with the order to the Zahlstelle and pays the deposit. You shall be given a receipt for said transaction.
- Return to Mr. Obermeier with the receipt and you will be given the Laptop. Here you will also sign the loan contract.
- Opening Times of Zahlstelle (Paying Office) (subject to change):
- City Center: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:00 - 11:30
- Garching: Tuesday, Thursday from 8:30 - 11:00
- Hardware Specifications:
- Lenovo V110-15ISK
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- 8GB Ram
- 1366 x 768 Resolution
- 128 GB Harddrive
- Further Laptop Loaning Possibilities